Physician Contract Review
by Sheila M. Mints, Esq.
September 16, 2021
Are you accepting your first position as an employed physician or maybe changing your current practice arrangement? In the ACOI’s new podcast series, Docs Off the Clock, Sheila Mints, Esq., healthcare transactional expert, explores the physician contract review process for physicians looking to enter into an employment agreement. Tune in and hear Sheila’s thoughts about the expectations that can affect both the physician and the practice, including restrictive covenants and workplace culture.
In This Physician Contract Review Podcast:
- What is a physician employment agreement?
- What should I look for in a physician contract?
- What should be included in an employment agreement?
- What can you negotiate in a physician contract?
- What steps should a physician take before signing a contract?
- Other than compensation, what are the top items to consider when negotiating?
- What are the specific items to look for if joining a hospital-based practice versus a private practice?
- What is a restrictive covenant and how could it impact future employment options?
- What do you need to know about solicitation of patients and restrictions in doing so after leaving a practice?
- What is considered solicitation?
- & many more!
Looking for a physician employment agreement checklist? Want to learn more about the physician contract review process including physician contract negotiation and negotiating physician salary? They don’t teach you how to negotiate your employment agreement in med school! So, tune in to join Sheila Mints, Esq., healthcare transactional expert, in ACOI’s new podcast series, Docs Off the Clock as she reviews everything you need to know before signing on the dotted line. Tune in!