2023 ACOI Call for Faculty Abstracts
The Deadline for 2023 has passed! We will start accepting new applications starting in March 2024.
ACOI 2023 Annual Convention and Scientific Sessions
October 11-14, 2023
Share your knowledge with osteopathic internists from around the country at the ACOI 2023 Annual Convention and Scientific Sessions! Presenting a poster at the Annual Convention will qualify as a scholarly activity.
To submit an abstract, the following criteria must be met:
- Categories for submission include:
- Model application of the ACGME Milestones
- Innovative approaches to meet requirements for scholarly activity
- Faculty development
- Trainee/faculty wellness
- Integration of OPP/OMT into training programs
- Prospective clinical studies (completed or in-process)
- Retrospective analyses (e.g., chart audits, registries)
- Descriptive studies
- Unique case presentations
Encore presentations are welcome.
Responsibilities of the Presenting Author
- The first author listed for each abstract serves as the presenting author and as the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract, unless otherwise specified under the "contact Information" section of the submission.
- The presenting author must be one of the co-authors listed on the submitted abstract.
- The presenting author is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that all authors have read the abstract and agreed to be co-authors. Failure to get approval from all authors will result in rejection of the abstract.
- Notifying all co-authors of any additions, deletions, and changes to the program, as may be communicated by ACOI.
- Obtaining all of the conflict-of-interest disclosure and copyright transfer information from co-authors.
- Forwarding all correspondence to all co-authors, including ACGME, AOA/ACOI policies and guidelines, and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support for Continuing Medical Education (CME).
Author's Consent and Waiver of Claims
- Each abstract author agrees and certifies that they:
- Have read all of the rules and agrees to be bound by them
- Are responsible for submission of the abstract in accordance with the rules, and
- Waive any and all claims against ACOI and any reviewer arising out of, or relating to, the abstract submission and review process, including but not limited to peer-review and the grading of abstracts.
- The abstract must address educational requirements and/or challenges, scientific questions, the application of osteopathic principles and/or practices (e.g., OMM), detail clinical observations, or contain primary scientific data.
- All research and studies reported in submitted abstracts that involve human and animal subjects must comply with the guiding principles for experimental procedures found in the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association and IRB approval or waiver noted.
- Presenters must be registered attendees at the 2023 Annual Convention and Scientific Sessions.
- No revisions can be made after the abstract submission deadline.
- The presentation at the 2023 Convention must reflect the submitted abstract. In particular, the abstract title, authorship, and educational or scientific content of the presentation at the Convention must match the submitted abstract, although updates on results may be added.
- Abstracts should be written in clear and concise English so that reviewers are able to focus solely on the scientific merits of the submission.
- Maximum two submissions per person.
Poster Presentation Format
All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters. These posters should be [4’X6’] in size. Presenters are responsible for mounting their posters at the assigned time and location. Push pins are provided.
Poster authors will be assigned published times to be at their poster to field questions from attendees
Abstract Review and Selection Process
- After the submission deadline, all completed and eligible abstracts will be made available to the ACOI Council on Graduate Medical Education for blinded review and scoring.
- Abstracts will be evaluated and scored on their educational and/or scientific merits, and the application of osteopathic principles and practice.
- Incomplete abstracts will not be reviewed.
- The same study must not be submitted as multiple abstracts.
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed according to the subject categories listed above.
- Email notification regarding acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be sent to the presenting author; consequently, an accurate email address is critical. Rejection notifications will also be sent at the same time.
- The decision of the ACOI Council on Graduate Medical Education regarding acceptance and presentation of abstracts is final.
To submit your abstract:
Please email all applications by July 31, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.