COVID-19 Vaccine: The Perils of Misinformation
by Humayun Chaudhry, DO, MACOI
October 20, 2021
COVID-19 vaccine misinformation has negatively affected the rate at which Americans are getting vaccinated. In the ACOI’s podcast series, Docs Off the Clock, Humayun "Hank" Chaudhry, DO, MACOI, and President of the Federation State Medical Boards (FSMB), discusses the threat of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation and disinformation to controlling the pandemic and to public health. Tune in and hear Dr. Chaudhry’s thoughts about the role of physicians in relaying accurate information about the vaccine to combat misinformation and reminders that physicians need be careful about what they relay to patients since misinformation, especially if it leads to harm, could jeopardize their license to practice medicine.
In This COVID-19 Vaccine Misinformation Podcast
- How can physicians be certain to provide accurate COVID-19 vaccine information to their patients?
- What is the best way for physicians to stay current on COVID-19 vaccine information?
- What is the danger of COVID-19 misinformation and disinformation?
- What role does the National Institute of Health play in providing scientific information for physicians who want to become educated about the COVID-19 vaccine?
- What is the position of the Federation of State Medical Board's Board of Directors on COVID-19 misinformation and disinformation?
- What is the Medical Practice Act and what role does it play in investigating complaints about physicians?
- What challenges are physicians facing with the persistent myths about the COVID-19 vaccine?
- What are the consequences to physicians who are knowingly involved in spreading COVID-19 misinformation and disinformation?
- How common is misinformation and disinformation during a pandemic?
- What is docinfo.org and why is it important for the general public to be aware of their services in regard to filing a complaint about COVID-19 misinformation and disinformation?
- Are there additional physician resources?
- & many more
Tune in and listen to Humayun Chaudhry, DO, MACOI discuss COVID-19 vaccine misinformation and disinformation and the risk to physicians and patients.