The mission of the ACOI is to promote high quality, distinctive osteopathic care of the adult.
The ACOI seeks to be the organization that osteopathic internists think of first for education, information, representation and service to the profession.
To accomplish its vision and mission, the ACOI will base its decisions and actions on the following core values:
- LEADERSHIP for the advancement of osteopathic medicine
- EXCELLENCE in programs and services
- INTEGRITY in decision-making and actions
- PROFESSIONALISM in all interactions
- SERVICE to meet member needs